The box extenders will allow cover the 5⁄8 " exposed MDF wainscoting.
This is an important step because the MDF is combustable and the box extender will shield the electircal device from the MDF.
Features and Benefits
- Works with standard electircal devices, switches and GFCIs
- Supports the wiring device when an electrical box is set back from the wall surface
- Allows compliance with 2008 NEC Article 314.20
- Manufactured from 105°C continuous use 94V0 rated flame retardant plastic for safer installations
- Cut the electrical box hole in the wainscoting panel and install the wainscoting panel.
- Pull the wires ⁄ electrical device out a few inches from the wall
- Slide the box extender over the electrical device and slide into the electrical box.
The box extender should sit flush on the wainscoitng panel and the MDF should be shielded once in place.
- If the screws on the device are not long enough they will need to be replaced. - Most electrical devices use a #6 screw and a 2" length should be adequate.
- Tighten screws for a level fully supported, shielded installation